Thursday, December 2, 2010

I know it's ridiculous but............................



Earlier this year, I had a bit of a clean up in my bedroom. As I had been alone for many years, my things had migrated to take over all the drawers and wardrobe space that had been left by the vacating party. I was at a point in my life where I was considering a big change, and that change necessitated cleaning up my shit and leaving some empty drawer space and wardrobe space; and that is all I will say on the subject except to say that I opened one of the empty drawers today and burst into tears. Ridiculous I know, but there you have it, a lost dream, comes back and packs a punch.

As I was going along my merry way this morning, re introducing my bedroom furniture to the feather duster (long lost loves that had fallen along the way side, but a chance meeting and a sensual glide has brought them back to happiness again ;-) and I realised that my favorite perfume had finished. It had been given to me as a Christmas present by someone special and I always wore it behind my ears and down my neck............Well you can guess why I am sure. I opened the bottle and tried to get one last squirt out...............................yep, there was one last squirt and again I burst into tears.

WTF!!!!!!! I am almost 50 and I am behaving like a 15 year old. I guess I have learnt that one cannot control one's heart no matter how hard you try.

2 comments:

  1. Oh lovely, my ex-marriage ended a lifetime ago - and I'm now happily relationing with SO, but I remember so many times, for so many years - things just hit me out of the blue like that...

    I don't think it's an age thing - I think you're right, you just have to learn that you can't control your heart... And no matter how much space and time you have in there, sometimes you're going to react in ways you don't expect at inconvenient times... There's nothing you can do but look after yourself the best way you can, and let the true friends and family who want to try to help look after you too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and by the way - I love the new pic!

    ReplyDelete